Formatting Requirements for
INITIAL Paper Submissions
Your paper MUST meet the following format:
- A document in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format.
- You can convert your document to PDF format on Adobe's Website.
- The following sections must be found in your paper:
- Abstract (200 words maximum)
- Maximum 10 pages (single-line spacing, font-size 10 pt., font-type Times New Roman).
- Extra page charges apply for a final paper exceeding 8 pages.
- Letter-paper size (8.5 in x 11 in OR 21.6 cm x 27.9 cm). Do not submit your paper in A4 size.
*** Abstract Only submissions will automatically be rejected. ***
You may use the following templates:
Microsoft Word Template
- Please convert your Word file to PDF before submitting.
- Word Template (.doc)
- Please convert the final version of your paper to Postscript (.ps) or PDF before submitting. Note: Please use the article class in your .tex file
- TeX Template (.tex)
- IASTED Style File (.sty)
TeX and LaTeX Template
A common problem is .ps or .pdf files produced in A4 format (210 mm by 297 mm) instead of letter format (8.5 inches by 11 inches), even with letterpaper specified at the start of the .tex file and using "dvips -t letter". It may be necessary to edit your config.ps file so that the letter size parameters are before the A4 parameters, and use latex, dvips, and then the Adobe Acrobat Distiller rather than using pdflatex to go directly from .tex to .pdf, or pdfwrite to go from .ps to .pdf.
Before submitting your paper, please ensure that:
- You have signed up for an IASTED user account.
- Your paper is original.
- PLAGIARIZED papers will be REJECTED. IASTED employs anti-plagiarism technology and will investigate every allegation of plagiarism. For more information on IASTED's policy on plagiarism, please see Plagiarism FAQ.
- Your paper is grammatically correct. Papers may be rejected if the language is not satisfactory.
*** Do NOT submit the same paper to more than one conference. ***
After submitting your paper:
- If your initial submission changes a great deal, please email a PDF copy of your updated paper to email@example.com with the paper number as the subject heading.
- We only allow one update before the initial submissions deadline.
- Once the paper is under review, we cannot update your paper.